So they say there are always two sides to a story, and here is Mother’s:
I must say, this was all true. If this was too long a read, the short excerpt above summarises it well enough.
Is there anything I can say?
- It has always been a terrible transgression of mine not announcing each time I boil water.
- The last time I was startled and yelped back at a screaming banshee I had the worst lashing out in a small space (in Canada over the washing machine).
- All I could do was to calm myself and answer the obvious questions.
- Didn’t know what to do after that, went to my room and sat in a dark corner.
You might have guessed, here are ways my Mother could exact her revenge (or justice, whatever):
- Only boil water once in a blue moon so that I will be caught unawares and scald myself (think sleeping beauty pricking herself on a spindle).
- Throw boiling water at me when I least expect it. Or
- Boil water and not tell me. Wait a minute… She/we have always been doing this! Omg! We are the world’s most horrific family!!
She did say “… Just you wait.” and wait I shall.
*Did anyone realise that my Mother painted a horrible story of me to my one and only sister? How I watched my mother boil and went about my business like a sociopath? No? Didn’t get that?